The SportMedBC Sports Aid Certificate recognizes individuals who have completed SportMedBC’s Sports First Aid and Athletic Taping Courses and have obtained a valid CPR-C certification. SportMedBC is also affiliated with a number of College and University programs in providing equivalency Sports Aid Certification to students who have completed designated sports medicine and injury prevention courses and have obtained a valid CPR-C certification.
Recognized programs include:
- SportMedBC Sports First Aid Course
- SportMedBC Athletic Taping Course
- University of British Columbia
- Simon Fraser University
- Capilano University
- Trinity Western University
- Langara College
- Douglas College
- College of the Rockies
- University of British Columbia Okanagan
- University of Victoria
The SportMedBC Sports Aid Certification will provide the following benefits:
- A provincially recognized certificate exhibiting training in sport injury prevention and management.
- An excellent stepping stone towards a professional career in sports injury management.
- Membership with SportMedBC’s volunteer database, with opportunities to volunteer under SportMedBC practitioners for Event Medical Coverage.
- Access to SportMedBC’s monthly E-Newsletter.
- *SportMedBC Student Associate Membership
Steps to request a Sports Aid Certificate
In order to receive your Sports Aid Certificate, please complete the following steps:
Complete the “SportMedBC SportsAid Program” profile form
Show proof of a valid CPR-C and completion of equivalent course (i.e. unofficial/official transcript). Photos and scans are acceptable.
Send both the completed profile form, as well as the copy of the CPR and proof of course completion to firstname.lastname@example.org
Once the profile form and proof of CPR-C and completion of course have been submitted, please follow the link below and pay the $31.50 (GST Included) associated fee.
Once these steps are complete, your Sports Aid Certificate will be issued, and emailed out within 30 days. After receiving your certificate, you are then eligible to shadow our practitioners at SportMedBC Events or use the certificate to obtain experience or connect with our practitioners. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us.
Please note that there may be a delay in processing your requests due to certain periods of high volume of applications.
If you have any questions please forward them to email@example.com