Coordinator, Sport Safety and Event Services
SportMedBC is committed to identifying, developing and promoting Best Practices in Sport Health, Sport Safety and Sport Training. SportMedBC coordinates access to a network of sport medicine and sport science practitioners and strives to be the ultimate sport medicine and sport science resource within the provincial sport system and for all active British Columbians.
Reporting to the Program Manager, the Coordinator of SportMed Sport Safety and Event Services provides day-to-day administrative and outreach support for the activities and operations for sport safety programming, including educational courses and workshops, event medical coverage services and injury prevention advocacy.
· Provides support for department strategic planning and policy development
· Helps to build the educational courses and workshops program through recruitment of host sites and partners from sport, recreation and education
·Coordinate administrative, promotion and program delivery requirements for courses, workshops and event medical coverage
· Works with SportMedBC Communications to promote programs, courses and injury prevention information
· Maintains the contact relationship and agreement system for the department
· Supports department financial tracking and financial activity
· Works as an integral part of the partnership development for the association
· Works with the Program Manager in the monitoring and evaluation of programs
· Works with the Program Manager in the analysis of the content and delivery of courses, workshops and event services.
· Ongoing review for pertinent research and information to supplement online resources available from SportMedBC
Desired Attributes of Candidates:
· Undergraduate degree in Kinesiology, Human Kinetics, Health Sciences or a related discipline
· Course experience in Athletic Therapy and/or Sports First Aid
· 2 – 3 years’ experience in an office environment
· Familiarity with the provincial sport and recreation system
· Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Power Point
· Experience developing and managing budgets
· Experience with promotion of programs and program evaluation
· Able to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal formats.
· Able to multi-task with a strong orientation to detail and a commitment to quality.
· Team player, project and deadline driven.
· Valid driver’s licence
Job type: Full-time: 32 hours/week
Salary: $20 – $24 /hour + Benefits (medical, etc)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 1, 2023
Review full Job Description before applying.
Submit your resume, with 2 references, to: email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those considered for an interview will be notified.
PROJECTED START DATE: April 15, 2023
RunWalk Returns to In-Person – Register Today!
Read More »
It is with so much pleasure that we announce that our Infamous RunWalk program is back to In-Person this spring. The RunWalk program begins the