The Coquitlam Express Junior Hockey Club is seeking an Athletic Therapist and/or Equipment Manager for the upcoming season.
Reports to: General Manager
- Game and practice preparation,
- Skate sharpening and equipment maintenance (experience is considered an asset but training is available).
- Responsible for the prevention, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries and illnesses of players.
- Working in conjunction with the team doctor and other medical staff as needed, including coordinating and arranging player appointments.
- Communicating with and updating hockey operations staff regarding player injuries, conditions and recovery.
- Maintaining records regarding players’ conditions, training and treatment plans.
- Documentation of all injuries, training and treatment plans.
- Responsible for ordering and inventory of supplies.
- Assist with filing and processing insurance documents.
- Comply with all BCHL and organizational regulations and requirements.
- Strong communication skills
- Experience in the hockey industry
- Understanding of the hockey environment and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Preference will be given to those who are certified Athletic Therapists
- Sports First Responder Certificate
- Concussion Awareness Training Tool
- Criminal Record Check
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Job Title: SFU Varsity Sport Game Coverage (Away games only)
Number of Positions: 3 – 6
Start Date: September 2023
End Date: May 2023
Salary: Dependent on duration and frequency of trips (Generally 4-6 trips, $3000 – $5000 per sport team)
SFU Sports Medicine, Varsity Athletics is looking to create a temporary pool of Athletic Therapists/Physiotherapists/Chiropractors/Massage Therapists with availability for away game coverage during the 2023/2024 season. Ideally, each therapist will cover 4-6 trips with one team and travel will generally be from Wednesday to Sunday. The selected individuals will be responsible for pre-game taping, on field injury assessment, return to play decisions, and post-game treatment as needed in consultation with SFU Sports Medicine Department.
The incumbent of this position assists in the prevention, assessment and treatment of injuries for athletes with SFU Varsity Sports; provides medical support for SFU varsity away games. The therapist follows protocol to screen and test for serious injuries, such as concussions, and makes decisions regarding an athlete’s treatment and readiness to safely return to activity under NCAA Healthcare guidelines.
All travel expenses, including meals, will be provided for the duration of each trip.
- Certified Athletic Therapist, maintained status with the Canadian Athletic Therapists Association
- Registered Physiotherapist with College of Physical Therapists of British Columbia
- Registered Chiropractor with the College of Chiropractors of British Columbia
- Registered Massage Therapist with the College of Massage Therapists of British Columbia
- First Responder/Sports First Responder
- Travel and game coverage experience with a variety of sports
- Excellent knowledge regarding the prevention, assessment, and treatment of athletic injuries.
- Knowledge of NCAA governing rules and regulations.
- Good knowledge of medical record keeping using database software
- Ability to travel to the United States of America (valid passport/visa)
Application Deadline: Ongoing
Thank-you for your interest in this position. Please send a detailed resume and cover letter to Zach Hogan, Lead Athletic Therapist, SFU Sports medicine via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.