Lightly oil muffin pan with cooking spray. peel, core and coarsely chop apples. In a mixing bowl, stir together flours, oat bran, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Add thawed apple juice concentrate, chopped apples, and water (enough to make a light batter). Mix just enough to moisten all ingredients. Pour into muffin tin and bake until lightly browned, about 25-30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
In large bowl, mix mix oil, sugar, egg, cream and water. In a separate bowl, mix dry ingredients together, then add to wet.
Mix until all dry ingredients are moist. Place in well-greased muffin tins or line with paper cups.
Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until a fork can be removed cleanly.
In a medium saucepan over high heat bring juice and salt to a boil.
Meanwhile, carve whole chicken into slices or bite size pieces and remove skin. Set aside.
Remove juice from heat as soon as boiled and stir in couscous. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes without disturbing or removing the lid.
Meanwhile, in a small skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add diced onion and saute for 5 minutes.
When couscous is cooked, fluff with a fork and stir in sauteed onion. Add roast chicken, mint and almonds. Toss to mix.
Serve with a wedge of lime or drizzle the...
- In a medium bowl, combine the oats, yogurt, and milk. Set aside for 15-20 minutes to let the oatmeal soften.
- When oatmeal is finished soaking, beat the egg and oil; mix well. Add the sugar and salt, then baking powder and flour. Stir until just moistened. For best results, let the batter stand for 5 minutes before cooking.
- Heat a lightly oiled or non-stick griddle over medium-high heat (375 for electric frying pan).
- For each pancake, pour about 1/4 cup of batter onto the griddle. Turn when the tops are covered with bubbles and look dry.
- Serve ...
Dice tomatoes and onions.
Add the remaining ingredients.
Mix and allow to sit.
Slice French bread into 6 pieces and toast until light brown.
Sprinkle garlic powder on toasted slices of bread, spoon brushetta mixture over toast evenly.
- Place veggie burger in toaster and toast until outside is brown (3-4 toasts).
- Once cooked add slice of tomato, lettuce, ketchup, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Toasting the buns is optional. ...
Roasting Red Peppers:
1.Put your oven onto the broil-high setting and move the rack as high as it will go.
2. Cut and seed peppers, lightly brushing with olive oil and place on a baking sheet
3. Place peppers into the oven and broil 8-15 minutes, until "burning" marks are appearing on the peppers.
4. Flip peppers and slightly burn bottom side (peppers should be softening)
5. Take peppers out and place into a large bowl or Tupperware. Seal the Tupperware or cover the bowl with saran wrap, so the steam gets trapped and further cooks the...
- Place ingredient ingredients and ice cubes in blender. Blend until it reaches desired consistency (Approx. 3 minutes).
- Pour in glass and serve. ...
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and lightly grease an 8”x8” pan.
- Over medium-low heat add brown sugar and maple syrup. Allow mixture to melt, making sure it doesn’t boil.
- Take melted mixture off heat and allow to cool slightly. Add sunflower seed butter.
- Combine oats,puffed rice,pumpkin seeds,sunflower seeds,coconut and raisins.Add the liquid mixture and stir well.
- Transfer mixture to baking dish and pack down evenly. Bake for 15-18 minutes. ...
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease or cut parchment paper onto 2 cookie sheets.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add milk and then oats and blend well.
- In another bowl, sift together flour and spices.
- Grate apples into their own bowl and sprinkle with 1/2 cup of the flour-spice mixture.
- To oat mixture, add flour mixture and then apples and stir well.
- Drop by tablespoons onto cookie sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Store in sealed container. ...
- Place ingredients in blender and blend until smoothie reaches desired consistency (Approx. 3 minutes).
- Pour into glass and serve. ...
- Wash all of your vegetables and chop them into thick slices
- Layer the veggies in a large pot, eggplant then tomatoes then zucchini, throwing in the garlic, olives, and basil and a sprinkle of salt and pepper as you layer
- Cover and simmer on low heat for 2-2.5 hours, add in the pasta sauce at about an hour if you want
- Season with fresh basil and salt and pepper before eating. ...
- Drain and rinse the beans
- Mash all the ingredients together in a bowl, or pulse in a food processor (add water as needed to thin.)
- Season to taste with salt and pepper
- Refridgerate for up to 3 days
- Serve at room temperature
- Cook the pasta until al dente.
- Drain and let cool.
- While the pasta is cooking, put the dressing ingredients in a jar with a tight lid then shake to mix. Set aside.
- Prepare the vegetables and cut cheese into cubes.
- Put cooled pasta and vegetables into a large bowl and mix. toss with dressing.
- Add cubed cheese Refrigerate extra servings.
- Peel and chop banana.
- Add all ingredients to a blender.
- Blend on high setting for 3 minutes and serve. ...
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Rinse chickpeas under water in a strainer, pat dry
- Mix all spices in medium bowl, than add chickpeas
- Toss until evenly coated with spice mixture
- Spread out onto cookie sheet and bake for 30 minutes or until brown on outside and soft on inside ...
- Preheat oven to 250 C
- Mix dry ingredients in bowl then add wet ingredients, mix thoroughly
- Spread mix evenly on 2 large baking sheets
- Bake about an hour, stirring and turning the granola every 15 minutes
- Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place ...
- In a large saucepan, over medium heat, saute onion in oil for 2-3 minutes.
- Add herbs, spices, salt and pepper and cook for one minute, stirring constantly.
- Add chicken broth and chopped broccoli. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, or until broccoli is soft.
- Blend with a hand blender or in a blender.
- Return to pot and gradually add milk. heat thoroughly, but don't boil.
- Top with cheddar cheese and chopped parsley as a garnish. ...
- Finely chop onion, carrots and garlic.
- Rinse and drain the lentils.
- Melt butter in a large pan or stockpot. Add the onion, carrots and garlic. Cover and cook for 4-5 minutes until onion is slightly softened, stirring frequently.
- Add the lentils to the vegetables along with the water, bay leaf and rosemary. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add stock, potatoes, tomato paste, and ham (if using). Bring back to a simmer, cover and continue simmering for 25-30 minutes in until the vegetables are tender.
- Remove ...
- Bring a large pot of water to boil for the pasta. Scoop out a cup or two of the hot water and use it to soak sun dried tomatoes in a bowl for 15 minutes. Drain, reserve the soaking liquid and slice soaked tomatoes.
- In a medium bowl, combine the sun dried tomatoes, olives, capers, artichoke hearts, garlic and herbs. Season with balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt, pepper, and chili flakes.
- While the pasta is cooking, gently heat the salsa mixture in a saucepan just enough to heat it through. If it starts to stick to the pan, add some of the reserved sun dried ...