**COVID-19 UPDATE **
With the continuing escalation of precautionary measures to mitigate transmission risks of the (COVID-19) Coronavirus, SportMedBC has made the decision to temporarily suspend all our programs and services. SportMedBC staff will continue to work remotely during this time, however please be advised that our office at Fortius Sport & Health will be closed until further notice. We will do our best to provide you with timely updates as the situation evolves. The safety and well-being of communities across BC is paramount and we encourage everyone to take steps to ensure their health and the health of others during this time. We appreciate your continued support and look forward to providing you with more information in the days and weeks ahead.
Yours, The SportMedBC Team | #flattenthecurve
SportMedBC will coordinate and provide comprehensive on-site medical coverage for your event. Athletes will have access to professional injury management services from Certified Athletic Therapists or Physiotherapists. SportMedBC can also coordinate the services of other allied health care professionals, dependent on the requirements of your event.
- Emergency Action Plan (Fee for Service)
- Prophylactic Taping/Support
- Acute Injury Response, Assessment and Treatment
- Emergency Response Care- First Aid/CPR
- Concussion Management-Assessment and SCAT 5 Testing
- Return to Play Guidance
- Provide host organization with a detailed contract, schedule and quote for services
- Recruit and schedule medical personnel
- Establish an Emergency Protocol
- Provide necessary First Aid and Medical Supplies (Fee for Service)
- Oversee the on-site medical coverage
- Provide host organization with a detailed post-event report and injury reports
Other Event Related Services Offered by SportMedBC:
- Placement of Team Practitioners: SportMedBC can help to connect your team with the appropriate professional for in season medical coverage or injury management services.
- Medical Supply Rental: SportMedBC can provide Medical Kits, Therapy Tables or AEDs for your event. Rental fees will apply.
- Emergency Action Plan: SportMedBC can develop and extensive Emergency Action Plan for you event. An administrative fee will apply.
Please direct all inquiries, including fee for service costs, to:
Philippe Saucier, Manager SportMed Safety and Event Services | SportMedBC
firstname.lastname@example.org | 604.294.3050 (ext. 104)