Welcome to the SportMed Community network dedicated to practitioners and others who provide medical, paramedical and first aid coverage at sports events throughout the province. There are a variety of professionals - athletic therapists, physiotherapists, physicians, paramedics, chiropractors, nurses, etc. - participating in this network and each of them brings a wealth of experience and skill. SportMed Safety Coordinator Sebastian Hartell oversees this group and will be regularly posting notices for events requiring medical coverage personnel (both paid and volunteer). Notices will also be posted on the public side of the SportMedBC site (SportMed Community - professional and volunteer opportunities). You may also engage in discussions with other members of this community network by going to the SportMed Forum.
viaSport Return to Sport
As of March 11, 2022:
- Masks are no longer required.
- Individual businesses and event organizers can choose to continue requiring masks on their premises.
- Reminder to the sport community to be respectful of people's differing comfort levels and that as we transition into this period, people may still choose to wear their mask.
As of April 8, 2022, proof of vaccine will no longer be required.
- Individual businesses and event organizers can choose to continue requiring proof of vaccination for entry.
- Additional guidance may be in place. See the Province of B.C.'s provincial restrictions page for more information.