SportMedBC 's Sport Safety program is designed to provide those involved with sport the principles of prevention and management of sport injuries. Since its first course in 1983, the SportMed First Aid and Taping seminars and workshops have educated more than 25,000 coaches, officials, fitness/recreation leaders, health care professionals, parents, students and athletes. This area of the SportMed website is designated ONLY for High School Instructors teaching the SportMed First Aid course at their respective schools. Resources for teaching, necessary forms and updated program materials are located here. Information can be copied for classroom use unless otherwise stated. Feel free to post questions to SportMedBC and use the message board to communicate with other High School teachers involved with the SportsAid program.
High School Sports First Aid Instructor
viaSport Return to Sport
As of March 11, 2022:
- Masks are no longer required.
- Individual businesses and event organizers can choose to continue requiring masks on their premises.
- Reminder to the sport community to be respectful of people's differing comfort levels and that as we transition into this period, people may still choose to wear their mask.
As of April 8, 2022, proof of vaccine will no longer be required.
- Individual businesses and event organizers can choose to continue requiring proof of vaccination for entry.
- Additional guidance may be in place. See the Province of B.C.'s provincial restrictions page for more information.