SportMedBC, in partnership with the Vancouver Sun and Sun Run Stores, is in its 23rd year of coordinating our 13-week, 10km-InTraining program for walkers & runners throughout the province of BC. Our goal is to provide motivation through a graduated program in which participants will safely and comfortably take part in the 2018 Vancouver Sun Run on Sunday April 22nd, 2018. The first session for all InTraining clinics will commence during the week of January 20th – 26th, 2018.
The InTraining program includes micro and macro-cycles to incorporate gradual, incremental training-load progressions and recovery sessions throughout the 13 weeks. This proven method of training is supported by industry professionals and leading sport medicine practitioners. The focus is to have clinic participants gradually increase their training over a 13-week period, in order to avoid injury and give the body time to adapt to the stress of running or walking. Participants meet once per week with their group, and will be expected to train on two additional days throughout the week.
Vancouver Sun Run InTraining offers five programs designed to suit the needs of all fitness levels: Walk10K, NordicWalk10K, LearnToRun10K, RunWalk10K (NEW!), and Run10KStronger
For a full list of Vancouver Sun Run InTraining clinic locations and registration links, click here
$150.00 (+ GST) Vancouver Sun Run InTraining Participant Registration Fee Includes:
- 13 weekly, guided training sessions with SportMedBC-trained leaders
- One (1) 2018 Vancouver Sun Run Race entry + Alanic tech shirt (min. $49.00 value)
- Exclusive 2018 InTraining RYU Vapor Lightweight Longsleeve Crew Neck Tech Shirt
- Printed & digital copies of all SportMedBC 13-week RunWalk training programs
- Weekly coaching advice, nutrition tips, and additional training resources
- Sponsor products, giveaways, and samples
- Exclusive gift card redeemable at the Sun Run Stores
- Vancouver Sun Run InTraining online logbook
MORE TRAINING OPTIONS
Prefer to follow the InTraining program on your own? Can’t find a location or time that works for you? The Online InTraining Program gives you the flexibility of individual training, while still providing the added benefits of joining a community clinic! For more information, visit the Online InTraining page here
Does your workplace race together as a corporate team for the Vancouver Sun Run? Why not train together too! If you are interested in hosting a Corporate Sun Run InTraining Program or would like more information on how to incorporate this 13-week program into your current workplace wellness programming, click here