Ever since he can remember, Igor has been fascinated by the human body. He started his career as a massage therapist, and his experience with healing inspired him to such a degree that he decided to pursue further studies in medicine. He became a Medical Doctor in 1986 and a Neurologist in 1988.
Igor believes that conventional and alternative methods have much to offer, and that the successful resolution of a condition is the result of a combination of treatments rather than the use of one. This is why he is always interested in a holistic approach, and why he has always incorporated massage therapy into his medical practice. In 1996, he obtained further certification and added Acupuncture and Manual Therapy to his roster of healing methodologies.
Also, as a former athlete, Igor realizes the importance and necessity of professional pre and post event massage. To further his expertise in sports massage, Igor took the Western Sports Massage for the Elite Athlete course and participated in the Interdisciplinary Sports Medicine Conference for the Vancouver 2010 Olympic and Paralympic winter games.
In 1999, Igor brought his family to Canada in pursuit of a better life. His family settled into the Vancouver rhythm and never looked back. Eager to continue his career in healing, in 2004 Igor re-certified as a massage therapist by studying at the West Coast College of Massage Therapy. He is proud to be part of the Electra Health Floor team and to offer clients his wealth of knowledge from years of practice in general medicine, neurology, massage therapy, acupuncture, and general manual therapy.
Igor leads a busy and successful practice treating professional athletes, runners, clients with neurological conditions, and those suffering from office related back and neck injuries. He is always ready and eager to assess your particular case and begin a treatment plan to help you achieve a more balanced and pain free existence. Igor also teaches at the West Coast College of Massage Therapy.
Education and Training
- 1980 Massage Therapy
- 1986 Medical Doctorate
- 1988 Neurology Specialization
- 1994 Acupuncture and reflexology
- 1995 Certificate of Health Education (Interpersonal Relationships; Public Health Nutrition; Religious Studies)
- 1996 Manual Therapy
- 2004 West Coast College of Massage Therapy
- 2006 Western Sports massage for the Elite Athlete
- 2008 Interdisciplinary sports medicine conference for the Vancouver 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games.
- 2010 Winter Olympic Games, National Olympic Committee Assistant ( Belarus)
- 2008 Participated in the Interdisciplinary Sports Medicine Conference for the Vancouver
- 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games
- 1988-1999 Neurologist: Senior Departmental assistant, Neurological Department Specialist, Assistant Professor, manual therapist of patients with vertebra-neurological conditions, and elite athletes
- 1980-1986 Sport massage Therapist for boxers and students of martial arts
Techniques & Treatments
- Deep Tissue Massage
- Myofascial Mobilization and Unwinding
- Systemic Deep Tissue Therapy
- Swedish and Relaxation Massage
- Joint mobilization
- Trigger Point Release
- Manual Therapy
- Sport Massage