Ryan graduated from UBC’s
Bachelor of Human Kinetics program in 2008, specializing in Kinesiology and
Health Science. He became certified as an Exercise Physiologist from the
Canadian Society of Exercise Physiology and began working as a personal trainer
at UBC’s BodyWorks Fitness Centre – Changing Aging Program.
Ryan graduated from UBC's Master
of Physical Therapy program in 2010. He received the “Physiotherapy Association
of British Columbia – Leadership Award” for demonstrating leadership potential
and ability during the program and contributing to the profession in a unique
and innovative way. He also gave the Valedictorian address for his class on
Ryan is affiliated with Sport
Physiotherapy Canada as a “Candidate” status and is certified as a
"Functional Movement Screen" practitioner. He holds a Red Cross
- First Responder certificate and has volunteered at numerous local sporting
events providing on-site care. He is currently pursuing certification in
Manipulative Therapy and Anatomical Acupuncture.
viaSport Return to Sport
As of March 11, 2022:
- Masks are no longer required.
- Individual businesses and event organizers can choose to continue requiring masks on their premises.
- Reminder to the sport community to be respectful of people's differing comfort levels and that as we transition into this period, people may still choose to wear their mask.
As of April 8, 2022, proof of vaccine will no longer be required.
- Individual businesses and event organizers can choose to continue requiring proof of vaccination for entry.
- Additional guidance may be in place. See the Province of B.C.'s provincial restrictions page for more information.