Position Title: Coordinator, SportMed InTraining Program
Core Strategy Area: Supports the implementation of all RunWalk and Health Promotion programs while coordinating the day to day requirements of Sun Run InTraining Program
Accountability: Executive Director
Application Deadline: March 1, 2019
Projected start date: March 2019
Term: Three-month probationary period with opportunity for a full-time salaried employment (including benefits)
Application process: Please submit a cover letter and resume no later than 5:00pm, Friday, March 1st, 2019 and email to the attention of Robert Joncas, Executive Director – firstname.lastname@example.org
SportMedBC, a professional not-for-profit society comprised of sport medical and paramedical practitioners in British Columbia, promotes leadership, public awareness and education in the areas of sport medicine, sport science and sport training. Serving as a focal point for experts, applied expertise and programs, SportMedBC serves the full continuum of British Columbians, spanning those oriented towards all levels of activity. Our vision is to be recognized as a trusted resource for Best Practices in Sport Medicine, Exercise Science and Health Promotion.
For most active Canadians, SportMedBC comes to life through its Sport Training programs, including its popular and internationally-regarded SportMed RunWalk programs. Tens of thousands of active British Columbians have been exposed to the SportMed RunWalk curriculum through the Vancouver Sun Run InTraining and Aboriginal RunWalk Programs offered throughout the province.
The SportMed InTraining Program Coordinator coordinates the day-to-day activities and operations of the organization’s Health Promotion programming, including providing support for planning, facilitating, monitoring and evaluation processes. Specifically, the Coordinator will oversee the implementation of the Sun Run InTraining program, but is also tasked with expanding delivery opportunities for RunWalk and Health Promotion programming. The individual will have the leadership skills to keep volunteers and participants focused and working toward mutual goals and will be knowledgeable in the area of health promotion and fitness development.
Education, Skills & Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Kinesiology, Human Kinetics, or a related field
- 1-2 years’ experience working in an office setting or clerical/administrative role preferred
- Program coordination or management experience within the fields of health promotion or physical activity
- Experience developing or leading health promotion related programs is an asset
- Experience working in the running or cycling industry is an asset
· Proficiency in Microsoft applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook), Google Forms, Mailchimp, and CMS
· Ability to prioritize and manage tasks in deadline driven environment
- Experience managing a budget is an asset
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to develop good working relationships with stakeholders
- Detail oriented with exceptional organizational skills
Willingness to maintain a flexible work schedule (general hours of work 8:30am - 4:30pm, Monday – Friday)
Strategic Planning & Leadership
- Works with the Executive Director to develop the strategic direction and multi-year plans Health Promotion programming.
- Leads the preparation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of annual plans and reports as they pertain to the SportMedBC’s interests in RunWalk and Health Promotion programming
RunWalk Program Over-sight, Development, Management and Delivery (in conjunction with the InTraining coach)
- Develop policies and procedures, in consultation with senior management, to govern and guide the SportMed RunWalk programs
- Be the key contact for the Vancouver Sun and program sponsors / suppliers, and ensure their satisfaction with the program delivery and oversight.
- Establish budgets, control costs and find ways to increase Sun Run InTraining Program cost effectiveness
- Oversee Sun Run InTraining contractors (Clinic Coordinators and Leaders) and volunteers associated with these programs and ensuring successful program delivery.
- Provide day to day program management and oversee the implementation for Sun Run InTraining, including:
- Recruit and train host centres, contractors (Clinic Coordinators and Leaders) and other persons and entities required for the successful delivery of the program
- Develop deliverables and support host communities/centres contractors (Clinic Coordinators and Leaders) and volunteers engaged to help deliver programming and services
- Manage production of RunWalk training resources (programs, logbooks, multimedia visual aids and other educational materials)
- Organize and deliver Leader training workshops and other opportunities through the most expedient and effective means
- Build relationships and liaise with the Sun Run InTraining program contractors (Clinic Coordinators and Leaders), host centre programmers, volunteer, etc.)
- Work with Marketing & Communications Manager to ensure that all participants and the general public receive educational, inspiring and motivating information to attract or keep them involved in the programs
- As needed, contribute ideas and content for SportMed publications in all mediums
- Identify and deal with issues efficiently and competently, and find solutions as needed to ensure that program targets are reached
New Program Development
- Research and keep abreast of evolving programs and innovations in Health Promotion.
- Develop and deliver opportunities for program expansion to other initiatives
- Research grant or other funding opportunities to build Health Promotion programming, and work with senior management to deliver any new programming
Partner Relations & Communications (In conjunction with InTraining Coach)
- Build relationships and liaise with the RunWalk program stakeholders with a particular focus in the Communities that facilitate the evolution and delivery of SportMed RunWalk programming
- Represent SportMedBC’s interests in learn to run/walk communities as required
- Contribute ideas and content for SportMed publications (print, online, presentations)
Evaluation and Monitoring
- Implement systems to monitor, evaluate and report on the activities and effectiveness of Health Promotion programming and various components in relation to the Strategic Plan.
- As required
All applications are appreciated, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.