The BC Recreation & Parks Association is accepting applications for speaker presentations for BC Fit 2019 happening September 14 - 15, 2019 at Delbrook Community Recreation Centre in North Vancouver.BCFit® welcomes a broad range of topics. Our Conference Program Committee will review all applications and make final selections for each program stream. Please see the attached document for more detailed information and forward your completed application forms and any supporting material (videos), via email to:
Deadline for Presenter Applications: 4:30 pm, Friday, March 29, 2019
What We’re Looking For:
· Practical information that Fitness Leaders can put into practice immediately
· A mix of presentation types/sessions. We will seek sessions that are practical, activity-based learning as well as lecture style classroom learning.
· Conference day sessions OR intensive workshops. The main conference day will be September 14 at Delbrook Community Recreation Centre with sessions of approximately 1.25 hours. Post -conference workshops will be available September 15 to offer more intensive training or certification-based training. We welcome applications for both sessions and workshops.
· Train-the-trainer format. Sessions should be designed to engage the participants in how to train and deliver the material to others. It is not designed to be an example of a class with participants simply partaking in the session.
· Innovation. Entirely new concepts and approaches
· Engagement and interactivity. How will you engage and lead your audience?
· Anticipated audience. We seek to provide a mix of sessions geared toward beginner, intermediate and advanced levels providing foundational/fundamental sessions for those in the early stages of their fitness careers and new challenges and learning for experienced leaders. Please advise us on your intended level of experience for participants for each session proposal.