Through the collaboration of stakeholders, training and education of medical volunteers and community members will be available on a subsidized basis in 15 Northern BC communities in the lead up to the hosting of the 2015 Canada Winter Games.
Join SportMedBC for our signature Concussion Management and SportSmart workshops, as well as our Athletic Taping course!
Courses and workshops are being offered in Prince Rupert, Terrace, Smithers, Williams Lake, Quesnel and 100 Mile House!
- Friday, September 12th – Concussion Management & SportSmart (Prince Rupert)
- Saturday, September 13th – Athletic Taping (Prince Rupert)
- Sunday, September 14th – Athletic Taping (Terrace)
- Monday, September 15th – Concussion Management & SportSmart (Terrace)
- Tuesday, September 16th – Concussion Management & SportSmart (Smithers)
- Sunday, October 5th – Athletic Taping (Williams Lake)
- Monday, October 6th – Concussion Management & SportSmart (Quesnel)
- Tuesday, October 7th – Concussion Management & SportSmart (100 Mile House)
- Wednesday, October 8th – Concussion Management & SportSmart (Williams Lake)
This initiative will provide training ensuring volunteers are games ready while leaving a legacy of sport safety and injury prevention knowledge in Northern BC beyond 2015.