Tilman von der Linde on Good Training Habits
Like a Rat in the maze or the Hamster on a wheel, we are all creatures of habit to some degree. Though when it comes to the Sun Run Training Program, even the worst creature of habit can add something to the routine.
1. Be dedicated to rest and recovery, warm ups and cool downs.
2. Keep your muscles and joints warm, even at night, sleeping or not.
3. Listen to your body, if you are tired, take a day off!
4. Build a rest day into your training plan and stick to it.
5. Don't fit it all into one week. Build a hill run into your routine every second week.
6. Learn your limits, Pace yourself, everyone has gone out, felt great, gone fast, got tired and struggled home.
7. Go hard-easy, if you train on consecutive days, alternate hard and easy days.
8. Set goals. Give yourself 10-12 weeks to train for an event and build in targets during that time.
9. Progress and build through distances, 5K 10K Half and Full Marathon. Many start with a big challenge. There is no shame in re-setting a goal by building in some steps.
10. Make the most out of the golden hour. You have a window of opportunity to re-stock your body with good energy rich foods for muscle regeneration within 30 - 60 minutes after training.
Tilman von der Linde, RMT.
Muscles in Motion - Vancouver