SportMedBC Employment Opportunity - Executive Director
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR provides organizational leadership and is responsible for over-sight of the implementation of Sport Health, Sport Safety, Sport Performance, Health Promotion and Communication programs, services and activities. The Executive Director will:
- Guide and support the Board of Directors in their strategic direction and accountability processes.
- Positions SportMedBC as a leader to identify, develop and promote Best Practices in Sport Health, Sport Safety, Sport Performance and Health Promotion.
- Work to develop new markets, and new programs and services to meet the requirements of the sport system and targeted health promotion audiences.
- Be responsible for the development and implementation of member programs and services.
- Be responsible for the maintenance and growth of the Practitioners Directory.
- Work with Provincial and National Sport Organizations and Multisport Service Organizations to provide their athletes and coaches with appropriate sport medicine and sport science programs.
- Build and maintain client and partner relationships, including funders, government, Doctors of BC, sport safety organizations, and the professional sport medicine and sport science organizations with which SportMedBC is affiliated.
- Build and maintain positive and productive relationships with various stakeholders in the sport, recreational, educational, health promotion, business and political communities.
- Be responsible for financial management and human resources over-sight.
Desired Attributes of Candidates:
- Credentials and experience as a Sport Medicine or a Sport Science Practitioner preferred but graduate degree in sport science or related discipline will be considered.
- 7 - 10 years’ experience in a business leadership role in a related non-for-profit, medical or paramedical clinic or research facility.
- Strong understanding of the provincial and national sport systems, with the ability to identify and support their needs in sport medicine and sport science in British Columbia.
- Ability to identify issues, compile relevant information, present appropriate options and implement solutions.
- Strong service orientation for sport medicine, sport science and health promotion members.
- Experience with developing and taking programs and services to market.
- Financial management experience, including budgeting and accounting over-sight.
- Able to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal formats.
- Able to multi-task with a strong orientation to detail and a commitment to quality.
- Team player, project and deadline driven.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Power Point.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: JANUARY 15, 2016
Submit your resume, with 3 references, to: email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those considered for an interview will be notified.
PROJECTED START DATE: MARCH 14, 2016 or earlier