Registration Now Open! SportMedBC's Run5K Program for New Canadian Youth!
With the support of SportBC, SportMedBC is in partnership with DIVERSECity excited to offer grants for New Canadian Youths, 13-18 years of age! In this 2021 pilot program, 40 eligible applicants will receive subsidized registration entries to SportMedBC's 2021 Run 5K Program. The goal for this initiative is to eliminate economic, logistical and social barriers for New Canadian Youth to participate in a structured running program, and provide an opportunity to meet and connect with others in the community.
The 10-week program will gradually develop your strength and endurance so you can have fun and train injury-free for a 5K event. We offer two program levels "MyFirst5K" & "MyNext5K" so there's something for everyone!
The Run 5K Initiative will start on Monday June 21st, 2021 at 5pm.
Meeting location: Hjort Road Park, Guildford, Surrey (148 St, Surrey, BC V3R 6S4)
CLICK HERE for more information & to apply
viaSport Return to Sport
As of March 11, 2022:
- Masks are no longer required.
- Individual businesses and event organizers can choose to continue requiring masks on their premises.
- Reminder to the sport community to be respectful of people's differing comfort levels and that as we transition into this period, people may still choose to wear their mask.
As of April 8, 2022, proof of vaccine will no longer be required.
- Individual businesses and event organizers can choose to continue requiring proof of vaccination for entry.
- Additional guidance may be in place. See the Province of B.C.'s provincial restrictions page for more information.