Honouring Harry Lendvoy
On behalf the Board of Directors, SportMedBC members and faculty, we would like to send our congratulations to Harry Lendvoy on his remarkable accomplishment of 50 years since Harry Lendvoy began his teaching journey at Langara College.
In 2004, as one of the founding board members of SportMedBC, Harry became one of only ten to be named as an honorary member. Harry also went on to create the BC Sports First Aid Program and later expand the program to include fitness leaders.
With numerous outstanding accomplishments throughout his vast career, anyone who has ever had the pleasure of meeting, working with or learning from Harry will tell you that Harry deeply influenced the trajectory of sports medicine and coaching within BC over the last 50 years.
While it is with great sadness that we say farewell, we can only imagine how excited Harry is by the new adventure that awaits him in the next stage of his life. We will forever remember his dedication, achievements, and personal integrity.
Again, congratulations on your retirement! We wish you all the best for your future endeavors.
Harry’s contributions to both Langara and the sport medicine community are truly outstanding, and we invite you to join us in celebrating his achievements over the last 50 years by donating to help established an award in his name. Help us celebrate and honour Harry and his incredible impact on education, and sport medicine.
Donate and send your congratulations to Honouring Harry Lendvoy project initiated by Langara College. All donations to Harry's fund will be matched by Langara College up until December 31st, 2021.
viaSport Return to Sport
As of March 11, 2022:
- Masks are no longer required.
- Individual businesses and event organizers can choose to continue requiring masks on their premises.
- Reminder to the sport community to be respectful of people's differing comfort levels and that as we transition into this period, people may still choose to wear their mask.
As of April 8, 2022, proof of vaccine will no longer be required.
- Individual businesses and event organizers can choose to continue requiring proof of vaccination for entry.
- Additional guidance may be in place. See the Province of B.C.'s provincial restrictions page for more information.