Apply to SportMedBC's Subsidized Run5K Program for New Canadian Youth
With the support from Sport BC, SportMedBC is offering free subsidized registrations to the 2021 Run 5K InTraining program to 40 eligible participants.
As a not-for-profit society SportMedBC is committed providing an affordable program that helps participants reach their health, fitness and sport goals. The objective for this initiative is to eliminate economic, logistical, and social barriers for New Canadian Youth to participate in a structured run program, and provide the opportunity to meet and connect with people in thier communities. This initiative will be offered in partnership with DIVERSECity's Youth Program.
This 10-week run program is offered to Youth ages 13-18 years of age to train for the 5k distance. Participants have the option to choose between two program levels, "My first 5K" & "My Next 5K". This initiative is specifically offered to a population considered "New Canadian Youth", who have arrived in Canada within the last 5 years.
Start Date: TBA
Meeting Location: TBATime: TBA
SportMedBC uses the following eligibility requirements to determine qualification for subsidized registration provided through the grant provided by Sport BC:
- New Canadian Youths (ages 13-18) who have immigrated to Canada within the last 5 years and is already a Permanent Resident or who has received confirmation of Permanent Resi-dence from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
- Children of BC provincial nominees who are not yet approved for permanent residency
- Post-secondary international students
- Refugee claimants
- Subsidized registration entries are granted in order of received applications, up to a maximum limit of 40 allocated spots.
- Applicants must be first time participants of the SportMedBC 5K InTraining program.
- The subsidized registration must be used by the person filling in the application and for whom it was approved. The registration cannot be transferred to someone else.
- Basic understanding of English.
- Applications are received prior to the end of the second week of the Run 5K InTraining program.
How Do I Apply? Application Approval
- Fill out the application form below
- One application form needs to be filled in per participant. If applicant is under 16 years of age a parent or legal guardian needs to sign the application form.
- Proof of current Canadian status must be emailed to email@example.com
- Once application is received by SportMedBC approval and confirmation of registration will be sent to participant.
- No applications accepted after the end of 2nd week (July 4th, 2021) of the Run 5K program.
SportMedBC will consider all complete applications that are accompanied with a proof of current status in Canada. Distribution of the subsidized program registration will be on a first come first serve basis, provided the eligibility criteria has been met.
Successful applications will receive confirmation of clinic registration as quickly as possible. However, due to the limited number of spaces (max 40), selection will apply on a first come, first served basis. A space will be held in a clinic for the applicants for 48hrs, while awaiting confirmation.
Applicants must be able to travel to and from the clinic location by their own means.
SportMedBC cannot guarantee, nor provide translators, for specific language needs. Each participant will be provided with a training program in English. Should language be a barrier, reasonable efforts will be made by SportMedBC to facilitate help with translation of content.
There’s no cash value is offered in exchange for approved application.
All applicants must agree and sign the SportMedBC Release of Liability & Waiver of Rights form for the Run 5K InTraining program, as well as the 2021 Covid Screening & Questionnaire.We gratefully ackowledge the financial support of Sport BC in the delivery of this program