Apply for our InTraining Grant for New Canadian Youth
SportMedBC uses the following eligibility requirements to determine qualification for subsidized registration provided through the grant provided by Sport BC:
- New Canadian Youths (ages 13-18) who have immigrated to Canada within the last 5 years and is already a Permanent Resident or who has received confirmation of Permanent Resi-dence from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
- Children of BC provincial nominees who are not yet approved for permanent residency
- Post-secondary international students
- Refugee claimants
- New Canadian young adults ages 16-18 years old are eligible to apply as individuals. New Canadian children ages 13-15 are eligible to apply if accompanied in the InTraining clinic with a parent or guardian (accompanying adult will also be eligible for the grant).
- Subsidized registration entries are granted in order of received applications, up to a maximum limit of 40 allocated spots.
- Applicants must be first time participants of the SportMedBC 5K InTraining program.
- The subsidized registration must be used by the person filling in the application and for whom it was approved. The registration cannot be transferred to someone else.
- Basic understanding of English.
- Applications are received prior to the end of the second week of the 2021 5K InTraining program.
How Do I Apply? Application Approval
- Fill out the application form below
- One application form needs to be filled in per participant. If application is under 16 years of age a parent or legal guardian needs to sign the application form.
- Proof of current Canadian status must be emailed to email@example.com
- Once application is received by SportMedBC approval will be sent to participant, and confirmation of registration to selected clinic location.
- No applications accepted after the end of 2nd week of the 2021 InTraining program.
SportMedBC will consider all complete applications that are accompanied with a proof of current status in Canada. Distribution of the subsidized program registration will be on a first come first serve basis, provided the eligibility criteria has been met.
Successful applications will receive confirmation of clinic registration as quickly as possible. However, due to the limited number of spaces in each one of the clinics (max 25), an applicants first choice for clinic location might not be able to be met. In the event of a chosen clinic location being full a choice of clinics with availability will be presented to the applicants. A space will be held in a clinic for the applicants for 48hrs, while awaiting confirmation.
Applicants must be able to travel to and from the clinic location by their own means.
SportMedBC cannot guarantee, nor provide translators, for specific language needs. Each participant will be provided with a training program in English. Should language be a barrier, reasonable efforts will be made by SportMedBC to facilitate help with translation of content.
There’s no cash value is offered in exchange for approved application.
All applicants must agree and sign the SportMedBC Release of Liability & Waiver of Rights form for the 2021 5K InTraining program, as well as the 2021 Covid Screening & Questionnaire.
We gratefully ackowledge the financial support of Sport BC in the delivery of this program