In light of the COVID-19 pandemic and its impact on the hospitality industry, SportMedBC is supporting the BC Hospitality Foundation’s goal to help keep spirits up with a province-wide virtual event called the Hospitality Hustle. All are welcome to join in the BCHF’s FREE event, which involves engaging in physical activity of your choice and sharing your experience on social media. The event will conclude on the evening of Sunday, May 31, 2020 with a virtual dance party hosted by a live DJ.
Keeping social distancing front of mind, the BCHF encourages participants to pick an activity – walk or run 5km, dance for an hour, skip, prance, skateboard, or bike 10km – and start training today. Please follow the advice of our medical professionals and keep your training in your neighbourhood. Then on Sunday, May 31st our entire community will virtually get their ‘hustle on’ for hospitality!
To help support this initiative SportMedBC will be providing training resources through the BCHF’s social media channels every week as part of their “Training Tip” Tuesdays.
Hustle for Hospitality goals:
· Show solidarity with those owners and workers in the hospitality industry who
- have lost their livelihoods
- are still working hard to deliver food to frontline workers
- are providing a takeout option for those who are socially isolating
· Give people a healthy goal that will help keep them physically and mentally strong
· Create awareness of the BCHF and other non-profit groups in BC that support hospitality workers
Hospitality Hustle participants will be encouraged to:
· Set a goal such as dancing or running 5km – the form is not important; the goal is just to move!
· Share their experience on social media under the tag #HospitalityHustle
- Make it fun – wear a costume, be creative, show us your workouts
· Challenge a friend anywhere in BC to join the eventor form a team and challenge others!
We will finish the Hospitality Hustle on May 31st at 7:05 pm with an online Social Distancing Dance PARTY with DJ Man About Town Ent.