SportMedBC is contracted by the provincial government to provide management services to their Integrated Performance System (IPS) in the areas of sport science and sport medicine. These services include:
- Coordinating Sport Health programming for IPS and Team BC athletes (functional assessments, medical referrals, concussion management guidelines, etc.).
- Developing a drug-free sport education plan for Team BC athletes.
- Developing and disseminating pre-games advisories for Team BC on issues related to sport safety, travel and vaccination requirements, health advisories, etc.
- Developing educational resources for Team BC coaches and athletes in topics such as injury prevention strategies, sport first aid treament protocols and return to play guidelines.
- Taking on the role of Medical Manager for Team BC.
- Working with Team BC athletes and coaches in the months leading up to a Games to ensure that their medical history information is up-to-date and that all necessary medical clearances have been attended to.