Sarah Smith is the Head Physiotherapist for the Canadian Soccer Association specifically overseeing the women's sports medicine department. After graduating from Manchester in Physiotherapy 2006, she returned to practice in her native Canada and completed her diploma in Sport Physiotherapy. She has worked exclusively with elite athletes in volleyball, rugby, soccer and alpine skiing over the last 12 years - she transitioned to her current role as the Lead of Canadian Soccer Sports Medicine department and this has taken her to multiple FIFA World Cups and Olympic games with the women’s national team. She is active in National initiatives evolving high performance management of athletes in Canada. Locally she remains active playing soccer for Westside Football Club and enjoying the North Shore mountains.
viaSport Return to Sport
As of March 11, 2022:
- Masks are no longer required.
- Individual businesses and event organizers can choose to continue requiring masks on their premises.
- Reminder to the sport community to be respectful of people's differing comfort levels and that as we transition into this period, people may still choose to wear their mask.
As of April 8, 2022, proof of vaccine will no longer be required.
- Individual businesses and event organizers can choose to continue requiring proof of vaccination for entry.
- Additional guidance may be in place. See the Province of B.C.'s provincial restrictions page for more information.