Dr. Joseph Stern has been an active part of the Vancouver podiatric medicine community for over 20 years. Originally from Winnipeg, Manitoba, he grew up in Vancouver, and later went to the University of British Columbia where he completed a Bachelor of Science degree.
After finishing at UBC, Joseph wanted to merge his interests in health care, biomechanics and sport making podiatry an obvious first choice of professions. He went on to study at Pennsylvania College of Podiatric Medicine in Philadelphia.
When Dr. Stern isn't caring for his hectic downtown practice or acting as an advisor to various sport and health related advisory boards including his role as a SportMedBC board member, he can be found coaching his children's baseball teams or walking the trails of Pacific Spirit Park with his wife and the family dog.
viaSport Return to Sport
As of March 11, 2022:
- Masks are no longer required.
- Individual businesses and event organizers can choose to continue requiring masks on their premises.
- Reminder to the sport community to be respectful of people's differing comfort levels and that as we transition into this period, people may still choose to wear their mask.
As of April 8, 2022, proof of vaccine will no longer be required.
- Individual businesses and event organizers can choose to continue requiring proof of vaccination for entry.
- Additional guidance may be in place. See the Province of B.C.'s provincial restrictions page for more information.