**COVID-19 UPDATE **
With the continuing escalation of precautionary measures to mitigate transmission risks of the (COVID-19) Coronavirus, SportMedBC has made the decision to temporarily suspend all our in-person programs and services. This means:
• All InTraining Run Clinic weekly meetups are suspended effective immediately
• All scheduled Sport Safety courses and workshops through June 2020 have been cancelled
Visit our website for online programs.
• SportMedBC staff will continue to work remotely during this time, however please be advised that our office at Fortius Sport & Health will be closed until further notice.
We will do our best to provide you with timely updates as the situation evolves.
The safety and well-being of communities across BC is paramount and we encourage everyone to take steps to ensure their health and the health of others during this time.
We appreciate your continued support and look forward to providing you with more information in the days and weeks ahead.
Yours, The SportMedBC Team | #flattenthecurve
This eight-hour course serves as a combination of Sports First aid course and Concussion Management workshop together in one day.
Sports First Aid course content:
The first component serves as an introduction to injury prevention and on-site management of sports related injuries. topics covered include recognition and control of potentially hazardous situations, injury assessment and the handling of life-threatening situations, management of common injuries, referral patterns and development of a sports first-aid kit.
Concussion Mangement workshop:
The second component of the focusses on sharing the latest medical and scientific information about brain injury, sport risk factors, prevention techniques, and concussion management guidelines.
Participants will review the latest assessment tools, protocols and techniques including: the Concussion Assessment Tool, and Return To-Learn and Return to-Sport protocols.
* A certificate of comlpetion will be issues for bth Sports First Aid and Concussion Management courses.
* Concussion Management completion is approved for BCRPA, CMTBC and NCCP Continuing Education credits.
Date: June 13, 2020
Time: 9am - 5pm
Location: Creekside Community Centre
Registration Fee: $140.00 (+GST)
Registration is open April 2, 2020.