SportMedBC Courses & Events
Sat 27th -
10:00 am to 6:00 pm
A Certified Athletic Therapist will cover taping techniques used in a sport setting through a combination of lecture and practical sessions. Safety considerations, preventative and supportive techniques will be discussed. Participants will be introduced to procedures for the ankle, knee, hip, elbow, wrist, fingers and thumb. Participants are encouraged to wear athletic attire during this course (Shorts and t-shirt) * A certificate of completion will be issued. This course is approved for 7.0 BCRPA and 7.0 PE/A2 CMTBC Continuing Education Credits. Date: Saturday August 27, 2022 Time: 10:00am...
Sun 28th -
10:00 am to 6:00 pm
This eight-hour course serves as a combination of Sports First Aid course and Concussion Management workshop together in one day. Sports First Aid course content: The first component serves as an introduction to injury prevention and on-site management of sports related injuries. topics covered include recognition and control of potentially hazardous situations, injury assessment and the handling of life-threatening situations, management of common injuries, referral patterns and development of a sports first-aid kit. Concussion Management workshop: The second component of the focusses on...
viaSport Return to Sport
As of March 11, 2022:
- Masks are no longer required.
- Individual businesses and event organizers can choose to continue requiring masks on their premises.
- Reminder to the sport community to be respectful of people's differing comfort levels and that as we transition into this period, people may still choose to wear their mask.
As of April 8, 2022, proof of vaccine will no longer be required.
- Individual businesses and event organizers can choose to continue requiring proof of vaccination for entry.
- Additional guidance may be in place. See the Province of B.C.'s provincial restrictions page for more information.