Whether you are a beginner or experienced runner or walker, the LearnToRun10K Fall Program will help you reach your fitness & health goals in a safe and supportive environment. The 13-week program will gradually develop your strength and stamina so that you can train injury-free for a 10K distance.
Participants will meet with their leaders once per week and receive a comprehensive 13-week 10K training program, weekly coaching advice, access to live webinars, nutrition tips, and additional training resources.
If you have always wanted to start running, this is the program for you. Not only will you learn the skills & techniques to run injury-free, but you will be training with a group of awesome people – and having fun too!
Heading into our second year, we have some exciting changes including new meet-up locations throughout the Lower Mainland. Also, in addition to the LearnToRun10K we will be offering the Walk10K, Run10K and Run10K Stronger programs at select locations. Scroll down to learn more about new host locations and which programs are offered at each clinic.
We look forward to welcoming new and returning participants this fall!
- 13 weekly, guided training sessions with SportMedBC trained leaders
- Digital copies of all SportMedBC 13-Week RunWalk training programs
- Weekly coaching advice, nutrition tips, and additional training resources
- 15% off discount to New Balance stores
- Complimentary running socks courtesy of New Balance
- InTraining digital logbook
- Training webinars hosted by sport medicine professionals
*Early bird pricing: $79 (+GST) — Only until August 15th!
Regular Price: $89 (+GST) — After August 15th
Clinic Locations (scroll down for registration links)
|Host Centre||Day & Time||Programs Offered|
|Fortius Sport & Health||Wednesdays 6:00pm||LTR10K, Run10K|
|Trout Lake - Italian Cultural Centre||Thursdays 6:00pm||LTR10K, Run10K|
|False Creek - Le Physique Health & Fitness Centre||Wednesdays 6:00pm||LTR10K, Run10K Stronger|
|Downtown - Dynasty Gym||Thursdays 6:00pm||LTR10K, Run10K|
|Hastings Sunrise - info to come||Mondays 6:00pm||LTR10K, Run10KStronger|
|Dunbar - info to come||Sundays 9:00am||LTR10K, Walk10K|
|North Shore & Coast|
|Level 10 Fitness - NV||Sundays 9:00am||LTR10K, Walk10K|
|Allan McGavin Sports Medicine - NV||Thursdays 7:00pm||LTR10K, Run10K|
|Bowen Island Community Centre||Saturdays 8:30am||LTR10K, Run10K|
|Richmond Oval||Saturdays 8:30am||LTR10K, Run10K|
|Delta Lions Pub||Tuesdays 6:15pm||LTR10K, Run10K|
|Ladner - info to come||Sundays 9:30am||LTR10K, Run10K|
|Emerge Fitness Studio||Tuesdays 6:00pm||LTR10K, Run10K|
|White Rock - Bean Around the World||Sundays 8:30am||LTR10K, Run10K|
|Pitt Meadows - Foamer's Folly Brewing Co.||Saturdays 9:30am||LTR10K|
|Langley Events Centre||Sundays 9:00am||LTR10K|
|Penticton - Cannery Brewing||Sundays 10am||LTR10K, Run10K|
Prefer to Train on your own? Sign up for our Online LearnToRun10K Program Here.
Note on New COVID-19 Policies for Running Clinics
As we work towards delivering in-person training programming in this new normal the safety of our leaders and participants is paramount. Please note SportMedBC is taking all necessary precautions including the development of a comprehensive COVID-19 Safety Plan.
Physical distancing guidelines will be in effect and space will be limited to comply with the most current provincial health regulations. We are also offering an online training program at a reduced rate for those who are not comfortable of for health reasons are unable to meet in a group setting.
Other important changes include:
- New Host Locations — as most community centres will remain closed through the fall months we have had to move many of the clinics to new host locations.
- No access to lockers or changing rooms — participants are asked to arrive in their training attire and to leave personal belongings in their vehicles or at home.
- All clinics will be meeting in outdoor locations (rain or shine!)
- Limited capacity in each clinic — each host location has set their own capacity limits.
- All participants will be required to sign a waiver and Covid-19 declaration form prior to starting the clinics.
Updated Refund Policy
For peace of mind, we have updated the terms of our refund policy as well. In the event the clinics need to be cancelled refunds will be applied on a pro-rated basis for any missed sessions up until Week 8 of the program. After Week 8, no refunds will be offered however SportMedBC and its Leaders will continue to support participants through online training.