For Program Information
Looking to improve your health and increase your level of physical fitness? Confused as to where to start? Over the past seventeen years, SportMedBC has trained almost 50,000 people just like you to go the 10K distance and take part in one of North America's largest 10K events - The Vancouver Sun Run.
Check out what some Sun Run InTraining participants have to say in this inspiring video:
Sun Run InTraining clinics cater to all fitness levels, from the beginning walker wanting to get off the couch to the experienced runner looking for an improved 10K race time. You will start slowly and gradually build strength and stamina. Your focus over thirteen weeks will be to improve your overall health and fitness while remaining injury free.
With SportMed RunWalk training programs, there is something for everyone.
Sun Run InTraining clinics begin the week of January 25th, 2014 and continue for thirteen weeks. Clinics are available thoughout the Greater Vancouver area including Bowen Island, Gibsons, Squamish and in the Fraser Valley, as well as in the interior of the British Columbia - Penticton, Kelowna, Kamloops and Salmon Arm.
Your clinic registration fee - $139, plus GST - includes:
- Sun Run InTraining Logbook
- New Balance Lighting Dry Tempo Long-sleeve shirt
- Free gift with Purchase coupon for a New Balance Women's Fleece or Men's hoody (valued at $70) with minimum purchase of $120 at any one of the Sun Run Stores: Rackets & Runners, The Right Shoe and Peninsula Runners.
- 20% discount coupon off Urban Poling Nordic Walking Poles purchased at any Sun Run Stores: Rackets & Runners, The Right Shoe and Peninsula Runners.
- 13-week detailed training programs for all levels
- An individual entry for the Sun Run
- PowerBar performance kit
- Supported training sessions led by SportMedBC-trained leaders
- Weekly fitness workshops on nutrition, injury prevention and more
Questions about Sun Run InTraining? Click here.
Prefer to train for the 10K on your own? Train with us online either for the Vancouver Sun Run or another 10K event of your choice. MORE INFORMATION